Employment at Roaring Brook Camp for Boys
We welcome applications for staff positions from men aged 21 years and older who possess the skills and certifications listed below for instructional and kitchen positions. Americans with cars receive preference (the vehicles are not used in the camp program) and must possess their own medical insurance. Foreign staff members must first register with one of the US approved staff agencies (Camp America, Camp Counselors USA, InterExchange, Camp Leaders in America etc.)
- Rock Climbing Instructors.
- Ropes Course Specialist- Should also have rock climbing experience.
- Director of the Waterfront- Lifeguard certified required, teach swimming and basic canoeing.
- Kayaking Instructor- Lifeguard certified, teach paddling skills, rolls, hand rolls, basic whitewater skills.
- Fishing/Fly-Tying- Fly-fishing specialty, bait and spin-casting, teach fly-tying-trout specialty.
- Director of Crafts- filled permanently by a Director.
- Woodworking Instructors- Someone willing to be trained in the use of hand tools and old techniques.
- Blacksmithing Instructor- Background in metal work, willing to be trained in blacksmith techniques.
- Sports Director of Marksmanship- ex-military preferred, ability to lead .22 caliber program.
- Archery- filled permanently by a Director.
- Director of Food Services/Chef- prepares 1 meal per day for 50 persons, full counselor and outdoor leader, see below
- Kitchen Manager- good entry position for individual seeking experience in outdoor leadership
All staff members (including kitchen staff) live with 6-8 campers, teach or work in specialty area; teach basic outdoor skills; lead backpacking trips and assist with canoe trips. Must enjoy living in an outdoor environment; possess high physical energy and enjoy accepting personal challenges.
Salary $2,700.00 – $3,000.00 plus room, board and trip expenses. Dates: June 16 – August 24, 2017.